We like to be as open and transparent with our students as possible, and thus we created the terms and conditions page for Tico Lingo. Below, you'll find all the nitty gritty details.
Individual Cancellation Policy:
- Tico Lingo accepts cancellations up to 2-weeks prior to the beginning of the program. A full refund of the 35% deposit will be granted to the students. Although discretion is given to the administration at Tico Lingo, cancelations with less than two weeks’ notice will not receive a refund of the deposit.
- Unless there is a personal or medical emergency, Tico lingo does not give refunds to students whom have begun their program at the school. In the case of emergency, students are asked to provide medical documents from a Costa Rican clinic, hospital, or physician. Requests for refunds are assessed by the Program Director on a case-by-case basis and may include: sickness or injury, death and sickness of immediate family member.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency, all students are responsible for any accrued costs for treatment in Costa Rica. If an emergency occurs on the premises of Tico Lingo, Tico Lingo assist with immediate transportation, phone calls, and emergency response, but all costs are of the responsibility of the student.
Most international travel insurance plans ask that costs be paid upfront, of which will be refunded upon return to students’ home country. Tico Lingo cannot assist financially with students’ medical, travel, or logistical expenses due to accident, emergency, or extraordinary circumstances that occur while in Costa Rica
- Tico Lingo asks that all students communicate with the school about any mental or physical illness or other challenges/limitations that students have before arrival and start of a Tico Lingo program.
Students are responsible for bringing any necessary medication with them to Costa Rica and must commit to taking said medication during their stay or involvement with Tico Lingo. If for whatever reason the student interrupts or ceases treatment, Tico Lingo is not responsible for resulting sickness or injury and may ask the student to leave the program if they disrupt a program or cause threat to other Tico Lingo students. A pertaining refund will be given on a case-by-case basis by the program director.
Conditions for Groups:
- All participating groups in Tico Lingo programs are required to pay a 30% deposit no less than 6-weeks prior to their start day. The remaining 70% payment will be due on arrival day.
Partial or full cancellations may be made with no penalty up to 1 month prior to the start of the program. Cancellations made with more than 4 weeks notice will be fully refunded the 30% deposit. Cancellations made with less than 1 week notice are subject to full payment.
- A student that is part of a group program and whom has begun classes at Tico Lingo may not change the type of program, the dates of the program, nor the type of program taken. For example, a student cannot take a week off of the program and postpone classes to a later date nor can a student decide she wants private classes instead of group classes paid for in the program.
After the start of a program, students who change their plans to take time off during their studies will forfeit their homestay and class payment for the time missed. The family will be paid for the time missed, and any later homestay will be charged at the regular rate.
- If not already included in the student’s program, students who sign up for a additional weekend excursion must pay by Wednesday of the preceding week. Students who cancel after this time will be charged a 30% penalty fee